Monday, October 08, 2007

Last weekend I was reminded of the incredible transformative power that music can have. Seeing Arcade Fire on Randall’s Island--the feeling and wonder they brought into that place was simply awe inspiring. It’s not often you see a group so sincere. There was no gimmick, and not even a hint of fakeness. It was just pure energy, feeling, soul, and heart.

This video really doesn’t do them justice, but of all the ones I’ve seen, I think it at least imparts a fraction of the insanity and scale of it all.



Right before the first encore, one of the musicians went berserk and started climbing the scaffolding. The place was just going nuts. The crowd went on humming the chorus of this song until the band came back out. Pretty rad.

2 comments:

gnarlykitty said...

WE MISS YOU!

Joel Gershon said...

Hey,

This did look like a pretty fired up kind of event. Hope yr well man. Would love to hear an update about you and NY media scene. More people leaving here all the time, Yuka's the latest to leave. Thanks for the blog link - I'll link you back.

I see your ghost in the office in my workspace... -j