Sunday, July 22, 2007

This weekend I went to Fire Island with Becca, Marc, Aliza and Monica. Man, i haven't seen a beach that beautiful on the East Coast in a long time. It's so quiet, tranquil, and chill. No fat Jersey/LI trash with kids running around, making noise and just being annoying in general. There was a nude beach right next to where we were sitting, which was actually really amusing, but other than that, it was really relaxed.

On Sunday, I went walking around lower Manhattan, kind of re-acquainting myself with the area since leaving almost 3 years ago. The Lower East Side, Union Square, and the West Village haven't changed much really. A couple shops and restaurants have moved out, others have replaced them, but other than that, it's pretty much the same. I did notice a whole lot more street punks than before, looking as cracked out and nasty as ever. I think much more perceptible, on a personal level, is that I'VE changed quite a bit. Not sure how to pin-point it really, but I have this creeping feeling like I'm an outsider or something. I don't know. Maybe it's a momentary thing. Maybe it's one of those passing "Sunday feelings," like you used to get when you were a kid on Sunday afternoons, knowing you had to go to school the next day. Like trying to enjoy that last meal before execution...

No comments: